ETBE Mon is my fork of the traditional Unix system and network monitoring system “Mon” by Jim Trocki. My aim with this fork is to take the best patches available for the existing Mon codebase and the best “contrib” monitoring scripts and include them in one package. I also aim to write all scripts necessary for typical Linux systems. I don’t believe that a working system should involve “mon”, “mon-contrib”, and searching the net for scripts, it should be just the etbemon package.
The Mon mailing list is at https://lists.coker.com.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/etbemon  . Please use the list instead of mailing me directly so other people can benefit from the answers.
I have created a Wiki for documenting etbemon .
If you need commercial support for Mon that is available too. As a basic offer for $100US by Paypal I’ll write a basic monitor script for any Linux service or RFC standard service. If there’s any other commercial support you want then just ask.
- Version 1.3.4. Added monitor for deleted mapped files.
- Version 1.3.3. Improved sslcert.monitor, smtpswaks.monitor, and mailxmpp.alert.
- Version 1.3.2. Improved http.monitor, dns.monitor, zfs.monitor, freespace.monitor, sslcert.monitor, loadavg.monitor, and mailxmpp.alert. Also improved systemd support.
- Version 1.3.1. Improvements to freespace.monitor, remote.monitor, loadavg.monitor, and msql-mysql.monitor. Increased the summary length for monshow.
- This is the first release, numbered 1.3.0 to be higher than other releases of Mon. It is the same as the Debian version of Mon 1.2.0 (which had a dozen patches against Trocki Mon 1.2.0 from 2010).